AFRO-NETS> Huntington's disease

  • Subject: AFRO-NETS> Huntington's disease
  • From: Maria Musoke <mmusoke@uga.healthnet.org>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 03:51:10 -0400

Huntington's disease
--------------------

Dear Afro-netters,

One of the lecturers here was told that she has Huntington's chorea/
disease which is not curable. The information we have about this
disease is very scanty and out-dated. The patient is about 40 years
old. We shall greatly appreciate receiving information on the
following:

-Treatment: is there any treatment? If yes, please describe in
detail.

-Management: how are patients managed?

-Information: concerning history of the disease; its onset; symptoms;
precautions - what should or should not be done, etc.;
recommended literature for the patient and caretakers
and any other information that is relevant to the
subject will be appreciated.

Maria Musoke
Deputy University Librarian - Medical
Albert Cook Medical Library