AFRO-NETS> Doctoral Thesis Presentation

  • Subject: AFRO-NETS> Doctoral Thesis Presentation
  • From: "Remmelzwaal" <remmel@sortmoz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 00:47:30 -0500 (EST)

Doctoral Thesis Presentation
----------------------------

Hello all!

I have recently joined the AFRO-NET Conference and look forward to ex-
changing information and ideas with colleagues in my particular field
of interest. Let me briefly introduce myself.

After various postings in Africa (Dutch Government) and the Middle East
(WHO), I am now working as Technical Adviser for DANIDA (Danish Govern-
ment) in Tete Province in Mozambique (Health Sector). My main line of
expertise is Health Technology Assessment and Management and I am in-
terested in Research in this area. Last year (1996) I completed a PhD
thesis in the U.K. with the title "Technological Learning and Capacity
Building in the Service Sector of Developing Countries: The Case of
Medical Equipment Management". The thesis centers around a comparison
study of three developing countries. Anyone interested in more details,
such as a summary by email and/or ways of obtaining a hard copy, can
contact me (or the University of Sussex directly).

Dr Bastiaan Remmelzwaal (Tete)
c/o Royal Danish Embassy
C.P. 4588
Maputo