AFRO-NETS> RFI: Income generating or revolving funds (2)

  • Subject: AFRO-NETS> RFI: Income generating or revolving funds (2)
  • From: Olukayode Soremekun <sbaba@primenet.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 11:33:15 -0400 (EDT)

RFI: Income generating or revolving funds (2)

I will appreciate to receive similar information as requested by Bever-
ley Snell.

I originally work with the Community Development Unit of the Shell Pe-
troleum Development Company in Nigeria. At the moment I am on a two-
year assignment with the International Foundation for Education and
Selfhelp in Phoenix, Arizona.

As part of Shell's comprehensive health programme we initiated a re-
volving fund for drugs in the medical centres that the company assisted
communities to establish. This was to guarantee ownership and suste-
nance of the program.

Any ideas on how to make the revolving fund achieve its objectives will
be appreciated.

Olukayode Soremekun
mailto:sbaba@primenet.com

For additional assistance, send mail to: `owner-afro-nets@usa.healthnet.org'.