[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
AFRO-NETS> RFI: Development of Quality Management Manual (5)
- Subject: AFRO-NETS> RFI: Development of Quality Management Manual (5)
- From: Andrew Hobbs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:42:40 -0400 (EDT)
RFI: Development of Quality Management Manual (5)
Two initiatives might be helpful:
1. The Health Promoting Hospital movement, which is sponsored by WHO.
It is based on the "health settings" approach, which combines a lot of
organisational development/quality assurance stuff with health promo-
tion approaches. The English model HPH is Royal Preston Hospital, and
co-ordinates an English network: e-mail to: Rabbia Khan
2. The British Government's Chartermark initiative, which collects and
rewards best practice in public service; many British hospitals have
won the award for innovative approaches to quality assurance. The best
ones seem to involve the participation of patients and staff in devel-
oping quality standards -- a "bottom-up" approach to quality, rather
than top-down: Service First (part of the Cabinet Office); website:
Andrew Hobbs (NUJ)
8 Hampton Street
Lancashire PR2 2JL, UK
Send mail for the `AFRO-NETS' conference to `email@example.com'.
Mail administrative requests to `firstname.lastname@example.org'.
For additional assistance, send mail to: `email@example.com'.