[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
AFRO-NETS> RFI: Plaster Bandages in the South
- Subject: AFRO-NETS> RFI: Plaster Bandages in the South
- From: Peter Reyniers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:01:02 -0400 (EDT)
RFI: Plaster Bandages in the South
ATOL is a Belgian NGO with specialization in the promotion of appropri-
ate technology, small industries development and institutional support.
We have been requested by another Belgian NGO, active in the medical
field, to investigate the feasibility of local production of plaster
bandages in the South. Therefore we are in need of data on local (i.e.
in the South) experiences and activities related to the following:
- mining and processing of gypsum
- weaving of the support fabric
- manufacture of the plaster bandage from the plaster and the textile
- use/application of possible alternatives (wood splints, clay or natu-
ral fibres with artificial hardeners, recycling of plaster bandage...)
Now that the first (or final?) phase of our research is closing to an
end - by 15 September we have to deliver a preliminary report that will
be used for deciding on the continuation of the research - we are still
trying to get a picture of the situation in the South. Therefore any
information related to the above topics will be welcome. So even if you
don't have the information yourself, please forward this request to or-
ganisations that might have relevant data.
Thank you in advance for your appreciated co-operation.
Blijde Inkomststraat 9
B-3000 Leuven (Belgium)
Send mail for the `AFRO-NETS' conference to `email@example.com'.
Mail administrative requests to `firstname.lastname@example.org'.
For additional assistance, send mail to: `email@example.com'.