AFRO-NETS> Searching for training opportunity in MCH

  • Subject: AFRO-NETS> Searching for training opportunity in MCH
  • From: Chernet Hailu <JIHS@telecom.net.et>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:25:01 -0500 (EST)

Searching for training opportunity in MCH

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am Chernet Hailu, BSc.N, MCH (Dip.), RN, and currently working at
Jimma University (the former Jimma Institute of Health Sciences) as
an assistant lecturer in paediatric nursing.

I would like to tell you my strong interest to continue developing my
career particularly in maternal and child health (MCH) areas in
teaching, leadership, research, and clinical skills, in order to exe-
cute my responsibilities with better skills and qualification than
the present. In turn, to have a better contribution in the strive for
the reduction of the high maternal and child morbidity and mortality
in the country, Ethiopia. This will be achieved when I pass the
knowledge, attitude, and skills gained from the training to the stu-
dents in the class room, moreover the practical areas, at various
districts and regional level training health institutions, which are
found with in 50 km radius from the University.

Therefore, I would like to ask your kind help to join the distance
learning programme, M. Phil., in MCH. If it is not possible, please
assist me in searching for another full time (regular) MA/MSc./
M.Phil. in MCH related fields of training opportunity.

I am waiting and longing for your response using the address below.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Chernet Hailu
Assistant Lecturer
Jimma University