[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
AFRO-NETS> Job Posting: Regional Coordinator for West and Central Africa
- Subject: AFRO-NETS> Job Posting: Regional Coordinator for West and Central Africa
- From: SARA project <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:25:32 -0500 (EST)
Job Posting: Regional Coordinator for West and Central Africa
Terms of Reference for a the position of Regional Coordinator for the
Educational Research Network for West and Central Africa
The Educational Research Network for West and Central Africa is a
network of educational researchers and practitioners from Benin,
Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Cote d'Ivoire, the Gambia, Ghana, Guinea,
Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
The network's mission is to develop quality educational research in
the region that can lead to practical results of direct usefulness to
decision makers and practitioners.
Applications for the position of Regional Coordinator are invited
from Africans and Nationals of ERNWACA country members.
The incumbent will :
* raise funds and diversify sources of funding for the network to en-
sure the financial sustainability of the network;
* network with existing international, sub regional and national or-
ganizations, development agencies, foundations and foreign universi-
ties to raise funds, promote professional partnerships with the net-
works and implement joint research and advocacy programs with them;
* develop and promote the network in chapters= countries and interna-
tionally through state-of-the- art marketing and communication
strategies ; develop a communication, promotion and marketing pro-
gramme for the network;
* assess the organizational development capacity of the network in
order to improve its efficiency and sustainability;
* support the national chapters to design and monitor their action
plans in collaboration with the committee of national coordinators ;
monitor the action plans;
* plan and supervise the implementation of the network=s strategic
plan (research, training, advocacy and dissemination);
* provide strategic direction for the planning and organisation of
seminars, conferences and training workshops;
* provide institutional support to national chapters and ensure ef-
fective liaison with the regional office;
* submit annual technical and financial reports to the Board of Gov-
* be accountable to the Board of Governors.
* a Master's degree (or higher degree ) in management, fund raising,
organisational development, communication or related discipline with
a background in the field of educational research.
* At least 5 to 10 years of demonstrated work experience in:
- institutional development,
- communication, negotiation and public relations,
- fund raising.
The applicant must be African, have a sound knowledge in information
technologies and be able to use the internet; He must be cognizant of
existing funding institutions, be proactive, energetic and creative
and willing to travel 40% time.
The position is full time for the two first years, based in Bamako,
Mali, starting on January 30th, 2001. Contract renewal will be based
on the incumbent's ability to raise funds. Annual salary up to US$
42,000. The coordinator will be an ERNWACA employee.
Proficiency in both French and English
The deadline for applying is December 8th, 2000. Applications with
detailed curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation and names contact
information from three employers must be e-mailed to:
or faxed to:
Dr. Yolande Miller-Grandvaux
Academy for Educational Development
1875 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington DC 20009, USA
Fax: + 1-202-884-8447
Jean Michel Labattut
Centre de Recherche pour le Developpement International
BP 8500 Ottawa
Canada K1P N6M1
Fax: + 1-613-567-7748
Women are encouraged to apply. Due to the large number of applica-
tions expected, only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Send mail for the `AFRO-NETS' conference to `firstname.lastname@example.org'.
Mail administrative requests to `email@example.com'.
For additional assistance, send mail to: `firstname.lastname@example.org'.