[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
AFRO-NETS> Malaria Foundation International / Teaching Module
- Subject: AFRO-NETS> Malaria Foundation International / Teaching Module
- From: Kathryn Nason-Burchenal <Kathryn.Nason-Burchenal@malaria.org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:32:33 -0400 (EDT)
Malaria Foundation International / Teaching Module
The website of the Malaria Foundation International (MFI)
<http://www.malaria.org> has recently acquired an interactive teach-
ing module created and generously shared with us by Dr. Donald Rob-
erts and Gregory Andre. This module provides, not only general ma-
laria information, but also information pertinent to malaria control
by use of DDT. It is designed to be useful to people with a wide
spectrum of backgrounds.
This instructive module is animated and interactive and addresses the
1) The malaria parasite and the mosquito that passes it to humans;
2) When and how the infected mosquito comes in contact with humans;
3) DDT's effectiveness at malaria control (you may independently as-
sess the probability that DDT will reduce malaria transmission
based on 3 factors).
It may be viewed directly at:
Kathryn Nason-Burchenal, Ph.D.
Malaria Foundation International
Vice President/Director of Communications
Send mail for the `AFRO-NETS' conference to `<firstname.lastname@example.org>'.
Mail administrative requests to `<email@example.com>'.
For additional assistance, send mail to: `<firstname.lastname@example.org>'.