AFRO-NETS> Religion, Moral, AIDS and STDs

  • Subject: AFRO-NETS> Religion, Moral, AIDS and STDs
  • From: Christian Labadie <CLabadie@t-online.de>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 03:49:25 -0400 (EDT)

Religion, Moral, AIDS and STDs
------------------------------

Hello,

This quote of Egypt may be an excellent discussion starter:

<<Moral and religious values have protected many countries and we
should not omit these resources when it is now desperately needed.>>
http://www.un.org/ga/aids/statements/docs/egyptE.html

Btw, if a boy would ask me which doctor he should consult before be-
coming sexually active, I would quite frankly pass on this question.
I believe in France it is a dermatologist, in the US and Germany it
would probably be an urologist, but in most countries I don't think
it is in the "yellow pages".

Also, which test a man should do after a sexual relationship and be-
fore engaging into a new one? This also differs from one country to
the next. Is it standard to search infectious agents in sperm in all
countries? Should the patient or the doctor propose such test? Would
a test using urine perform just as well?

Christian Labadie
mailto:CLabadie@t-online.de

--
Send mail for the `AFRO-NETS' conference to `<afro-nets@usa.healthnet.org>'.