[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
AFRO-NETS> Environmental health update from the EHP library
- Subject: AFRO-NETS> Environmental health update from the EHP library
- From: Dan Campbell <CampbellDB@ehproject.org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:44:13 -0400 (EDT)
Environmental health update from the EHP library
The EHP Library's latest Environmental Health Update contains links
to the articles, reports and websites listed below and is on the EHP
American Journal of Infection Control 29(4) August 2001
* Personal hygiene and life expectancy improvements since 1850: His-
toric and epidemiologic associations.
* Preventing infectious disease in the domestic setting: A risk-based
* The correlation between sustainable development and home hygiene.
* Transmission of gastrointestinal diseases: Hygiene as the final
* The role of handwashing in improving hygiene and health in low-
Bulletin of WHO 79(9) September 2001
* Globalization: changing the public health landscape.
* The etiology of maternal mortality in developing countries: what do
verbal autopsies tell us?
* Is globalization good for your health?
* Globalization and health: results and options.
* And others
Journal of Vector Ecology - June 2001
* Partners: serendipity in arbovirus research.
* Aedes aegypti: size, reserves, survival, and flight potential.
* Integrated pest management and allocation of control efforts for
* Field evaluation of an insect growth regulator, pyriproxyfen,
against Aedes togoi larvae in brackish water in South Korea.
* Composition and biting activity of Anopheles (Diptera: Culicidae)
attracted to human bait in a malaria endemic village in peninsular
Malaysia near the Thailand border.
* Repellency of volatile oils from plants against three mosquito vec-
Lancet Infectious Diseases Journal - August 2001
* Molecular genetics helps to probe the history of malaria
* Infectious diseases surveillance update
* Rotavirus outbreak
* Internet aids infectious disease efforts in Africa
* Yellow fever: an update
USAID Sponsored Reports
* Low birthweight : a report based on the International Low Birth-
weight Symposium and Workshop held on 14-17 June 1999 at the Interna-
tional Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research in Dhaka, Bangladesh
Feb 2000, Conference Proceedings
* Costing of the integrated management of childhood illnesses in
Bangladesh: a study based on Matlab data Apr. 2000
* Improving surveillance systems : building support for implementa-
tion -- a users guide , Handbook/Manual
* Managing and financing the sales of insecticide treated mosquito
nets : a handbook based on experiences in Eastern Province, Zambia
Mar 2001, Handbook/Manual
* Dr Val Curtis - Hygiene
* EHP - Safe Excreta Disposal Network
* HHS Global Health Issues
Send mail for the `AFRO-NETS' conference to `<firstname.lastname@example.org>'.
Mail administrative requests to `<email@example.com>'.
For additional assistance, send mail to: `<firstname.lastname@example.org>'.