AFRO-NETS> Latest Anthrax research special from Nature

  • Subject: AFRO-NETS> Latest Anthrax research special from Nature
  • From: Brian Pazvakavambwa<pazvakavambwab@who.ch>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:20:07 -0400 (EDT)

Latest Anthrax research special from Nature

Dear Colleague

Recent events confirm that bio-terrorism is no longer a threat but a
reality. In order to provide wide-ranging access to the latest scien-
tific information about anthrax and other potential bio-weapons, Na-
ture has put together a special online focus on this issue.

At the heart of our coverage are two papers about the bacterial toxin
that causes anthrax-the first giving its structure, and the second
identifying the human receptor for anthrax. Nature will be publishing
these papers in its 8 November issue. Due to heightened interest in
the papers, from both the scientific community and the general pub-
lic, we are immediately pre-publishing them, and making them freely
available on our web site at:

http://www.nature.com/nature/anthrax

These papers are accompanied by a range of material from our elec-
tronic archive, including research papers from Nature and Nature Bio-
technology and an in-depth news feature on bio-terrorism.

Nature's news and science writing team will continue to inform and
explain the science behind current events as and when it happens. To
keep up-to-date with the latest research developments, think Nature
first.

Yours
Richard Gallagher
Publisher, Nature