AFRO-NETS> Small thing: definition of seasons (5)

  • Subject: AFRO-NETS> Small thing: definition of seasons (5)
  • From: John Dada <johndada@fantsuam.com>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 01:21:44 -0500 (EST)

Small thing: definition of seasons (5)
--------------------------------------

I had difficulty understanding why grey cloudy skies had a connota-
tion of dullness and dreariness in the UK because where I live in
northern Nigeria, such skies portend a welcome deluge which is soaked
up by the people and the thirsty earth. Different strokes for differ-
ent folks I suppose.

John Dada
Fantsuam Foundation
Nigeria