[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
AFRO-NETS> Population Council Position - Data Manager
- Subject: AFRO-NETS> Population Council Position - Data Manager
- From: Gilian.Mackay" <email@example.com>"
- Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 05:26:02 -0400 (EDT)
Population Council Position - Data Manager
Depends on experience and qualifications (approximately ZAR 7000 - ZAR
8500/month) excludes benefits
Hyde Park, Johannesburg, South Africa
Population Council is seeking an experienced data analyst to manage the
data analysis for various reproductive health research projects in South
Africa. Developing databases, supervision of data entry, data cleaning,
analysis of data and write-up. In addition holding workshops for dis-
semination of results of the analysis.
1. Assist in project proposal writing and developing instruments.
2. Liase with study sites regarding study implementation, monitoring
and data management.
3. Assist in recruiting and training data collectors and capturers.
4. Developing data base programs.
5. Guide and supervise data entry and cleaning.
6. Analyse quantitative data using multivariate and bivariate meth-
7. Participate in disseminating findings at a national and interna-
tional level through presentations and writing of study briefs and re-
8. Carry out all other tasks as designed by supervisor.
1. Minimum University degree in social sciences, or related fields
(Masters degree preferred) statistics an advantage.
2. At least 2 years data analysis and management
3. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in data analysis using
Epi Info, SPSS or Stata.
4. Demonstrated report writing skills.
5. Good presentation skills.
6. Proficiency with computer applications Microsoft Word, Excel and
7. Excellent interpersonal skills.
8. Excellent written and communication skills in English.
The candidate should be hard working and self-motivated. An interest in
reproductive health would be an advantage but is not necessarily re-
quired. The position will involve communication and interaction with
colleagues from a variety of countries so the candidate should be able
to work well with people from a variety of backgrounds.
If you are interested please forward your CV and cover letter to:
Attn: Frontiers Administrator
PO Box 411744
Johannesburg, South Africa
Only candidate selected for interview will be contacted.
The Population Council is an international no profit, non-governmental
organisation that seeks to improve the well being and reproductive
health of current and future generations around the world. Population
Council believes in providing equal opportunities; therefore it will not
discriminate against any person with regard to age, colour, creed, na-
tional origin, disability, political belief, veteran status, religion,
sex or sexual orientation. Decisions on employment will be based on an
individual?s qualifications as related to the position for which s/he is
To send a message to AFRO-NETS, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe, write to: email@example.com
in the body of the message type: subscribe afro-nets OR unsubscribe afro-nets
To contact a person, send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information and archives: http://www.afronets.org