AFRO-NETS> Let's end "Competitions" and start doing some real work (9)

  • Subject: AFRO-NETS> Let's end "Competitions" and start doing some real work (9)
  • From: Shirley Kabwato <shirley@iapac.org.za>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:50:41 -0400 (EDT)

Let's end "Competitions" and start doing some real work (9)

Peter Burgess,

I really do agree with you, competitions are not the best ways to
deal with such issues. In most cases people enter competitions be-
cause they want money, fun, or to win. They do not have any deeper
understanding of the cause and in most cases do not get involved in
any meaningful practical activities after the competitions. It is
time we start looking at health issues more practical and start from
grassroots level for us to achieve anything meaningful.

Shirley Kabwato
Information Services Manager
International Association of Physicians in AIDS Care-Southern Africa
Regional Office
Johannesburg, South Africa
mailto:shirley@iapac.org.za

--