AFRO-NETS> RFI: Effectiveness Sources

  • Subject: AFRO-NETS> RFI: Effectiveness Sources
  • From: Julia Valderrama <juliaval@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:10:02 -0500 (EST)

RFI: Effectiveness Sources
--------------------------

Hi,

Is there any resource available that would provide orientation on a
realistic level of achievement by intervention and indicator? For ex-
ample, I want to increase access and quality and my intervention is
rehabilitation of a health center plus training plus improving drugs
supply. The indicator would be number of new attendances/reference
population. And my project want to increase it by X %.

Is there any good resource on where to find that realistic X%?

Now, I am wondering whether EBM could provide the answer to that, by
synthesizing the existing project evaluations in a systematic way,
with the goal of providing a clue on how much, a certain type of in-
tervention could change the indicator and therefore have a measure of
effectiveness of the intervention.

Julia Valderrama, MD, MPH
mailto:juliaval@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/jvalder2001