AFRO-NETS> First Ever Debate Between WHO Director General Candidates (2)

  • Subject: AFRO-NETS> First Ever Debate Between WHO Director General Candidates (2)
  • From: "Dr. Harry McConnell" <harry@ihn.info>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:43:28 -0500 (EST)

First Ever Debate Between WHO Director General Candidates (2)

Invitation to Participate in the Debate of Director General Candi-
dates for the World Health Organization

Onsite, Online and on WorldSpace Receivers Globally

You are invited to participate online by audio or video streaming at
http://www.ihn.info
and on WorldSpace Digital radio receivers everywhere.

Time and Location:

19 January
3 pm - 5 pm Geneva time
2 pm - 4 pm GMT
12 noon - 2 pm Brazil
9 am - 11 am Washington, DC
5 pm - 7 pm Addis
7:30 pm - 9:30 pm, Mumbai
3 am - 5 am, New Zealand

We are pleased to invite you to a landmark event. This will be an in-
formal question time for the candidates for the position of WHO Di-
rector General and we value your participation. We will be linking to
international sites including the George Washington School of Medi-
cine in Washington DC, The Nelson Mandela School of Medicine and
Medical Research Council in South Africa, and to experts in Global
Health in London, Ethiopia, Brazil, and India.

You may submit questions or comments in advance for the candidates at
mailto:questions@ihn.info Those not answered onsite will be pre-
sented to the chosen candidate to answer prior to the World Health
Assembly.

The event will be broadcast globally via World Space Satellite sys-
tems - a unique technology that allows access to areas of the world
with no internet access or telecommunications infrastructure. We will
also web cast the event at http://www.ihn.info and it will be re-
broadcast on Canal Saude - the Health Channel for Brazil, in Portu-
guese as well as televison in Mozambique and ISDN venues.

The event is being organized by the Interactive Health Network and
Exchange. We are pleased to recognize the support of the NGO Forum
for Health and of the Global Health Council, the People's Health
Movement, the International Hospital Federation, the International
eHealth Association, and the Academy for International Health Philan-
thropy. We are also proudly supported by World Space, by Direct Vis-
ual Communications and by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

If you are in Geneva, you may attend onsite at:

Centre International de Conferences Geneve
Geneva International Conference Center
Rue de Varembe 15
1211 Geneve 20, Suisse

PLEASE RSVP ASAP TO SECURE YOUR PLACE

There are limited seats available so please RSVP to secure your
place.

Please reply to this e-mail to confirm your attendance:
mailto:events@ihn.info

PLEASE FORWARD THIS ONTO YOUR COLLEAGUES WHO MIGHT WANT TO ATTEND

--
Dr. Harry McConnell
mailto:harry@ihn.info

--