AFRO-NETS> Nurse faces firing squad in Cameroon (2)

  • Subject: AFRO-NETS> Nurse faces firing squad in Cameroon (2)
  • From: A.Odutola.chpss_abo@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:50:12 -0400 (EDT)

Nurse faces firing squad in Cameroon (2)

(see original response below)

Notwithstanding that own blood may have been used in this case - and
noting the high prevalence of HIV-positive individuals especially in
Africa, does the nurse's action not bolster the need for debate for
clear legislation making 'weaponization' of HIV-positive blood, no
matter the tool used, a crime? As part of this legislation wouldn't
the declaration that HIV-positive blood is a "controlled substance"
help to send a public health message that society desires to regulate
the "weaponization" of HIV-positive blood?

A. Odutola
mailto:chps_abo@yahoo.com

--

--