[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[afro-nets] 11th Canadian Conference on International Health
- Subject: [afro-nets] 11th Canadian Conference on International Health
- From: Claudio Schuftan <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:04:53 +0700
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
11th Canadian Conference on International Health
24 - 27 October, 2004
"THE POLITICS OF HEALTH: WHOSE REALITY COUNTS?"
Call for Abstracts:
Deadline for Submission: May 31, 2004
Organized by the Canadian Society for International Health
Who sets the global health agenda?
Who makes decisions about our health?
Who is left aside and why?
Is this agenda reducing poverty, enhancing equity, or improving
Which values, interests, and evidence influence the process?
What are the options for making this process more open, more in-
clusive, and more participatory?
The Canadian Conference on International Health, following the
path set in the previous two years, further examines the global
stage and the conflicting forces that shape the politics of
health and impact our own health.
The Conference objective is to provide an open and stimulating
forum for practitioners, researchers, educators, policy makers,
and community advocates to:
* analyze controversial issues related to global health policy
from a variety of perspectives;
* share knowledge and experiences;
* learn about success stories, effective strategies, and new op-
portunities to influence the global health agenda through re-
search, advocacy, and action.
For more information see the Conference Web site: