[afro-nets] No ARV roll-out is better than a bad ARV roll-out (15)

  • Subject: [afro-nets] No ARV roll-out is better than a bad ARV roll-out (15)
  • From: George Koning <george-ess@absamail.co.za>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 07:03:12 +0200

No ARV roll-out is better than a bad ARV roll-out (15)

Mark,

Is it not strange that a country which can afford to buy US$ 10
billion worth of jets , submarines etc., etc. (who knows what
for) cannot afford to buy the AVR (or until very recently did
everything in its power to avoid it)?

Not much kicking and screaming this end (and I know - I live
here). Before we run off asking for handouts with some weak ex-
cuse that we cannot afford it, we should look at what we think
is important and what our own priorities are before we point
fingers. It's about time we (those who consider themselves to be
Africans) took responsibility for the poverty, political mess
and our inability to change our life styles for whatever reason
before we think of asking anyone else for help.

It's this kind reality check which is needed to address the
problems here - they do it at AA

Regards,

George Koning
South Africa