[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[afro-nets] Bangkok Youth Portal: For immediate Action!
- Subject: [afro-nets] Bangkok Youth Portal: For immediate Action!
- From: Janet Feldman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:40:03 -0400
Bangkok Youth Portal: For immediate Action!
Hello and hope you can respond to this immediately! Julia Davis
(see below) has said that materials are still needed for this
Youth Portal (Bangkok) endeavor, and she asks that people send
anything they hope to post NOW! Please contact her directly at
With many thanks and all best wishes,
From Julia Davis <JDavis@kff.org>
Following up on a suggestion from our last meeting in Washing-
ton, UNICEF has generously offered to develop and host a new
website to centralize resources and information about youth at
Bangkok. Working in collaboration with Kaiser Family Foundation,
UNICEF is creating a new section of youthandHIV.org - (their
website dedicated solely to youth and HIV/AIDS, which was
launched last December). The site is a terrific resource for
youth-serving organizations, researchers, policy-makers, the me-
dia and others. The new Bangkok page:
will be live a few weeks before the conference, and will include
the new UNAIDS data being released in July. The site will be up-
dated during the meeting with breaking news, press releases and
reports, as well as information about events. We hope that it
becomes a valuable resource for colleagues at the conference, as
well as those who cannot attend. In order to make this the best
resource it can be, we need your help. We are looking for the
following information from your organization by May 3rd:
NOTE: Please let us know who is the key contact at your organi-
zation who we can communicate with as we build the site.
1) Profiles of youth activists working on HIV/AIDS who may be at
the conference (or elsewhere), including a photo, bio and con-
tact information (if they want to be available to press at the
2) Links and/or PDFs for key reports from your organization re-
lated to youth
3) A full list of events your organization is involved in at
Bangkok for our calendar
4) Links and/or PDFs of tools for youth at the conference
5) Key contacts from your organization in Bangkok and the U.S.
for media interested in experts on youth and HIV
6) A forecast of any new documents / announcements you plan on
making at Bangkok
Please direct your materials, question or comments to Julia
Davis <email@example.com> or Meredith Mishel <firstname.lastname@example.org> at
the Kaiser Family Foundation.