[afro-nets] 'Infact' is now 'Corporate Accountability International'

  • From: Claudio Schuftan <claudio@hcmc.netnam.vn>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 09:56:45 +0700

'Infact' is now 'Corporate Accountability International'
Wrapper Preview

I'm proud to unveil the new name of Infact: Corporate Account-
ability International. The mission and purpose of the organiza-
tion remain the same, but as we expand our work to protect peo-
ple around the world from irresponsible and dangerous corporate
actions, our new name and logo will help our organizing reach
millions more people like you.

Over the past 27 years, our organization has grown into an in-
ternational force that successfully challenges corporations that
profit at the expense of our health, our human rights and our
natural resources. Our new name will help us better communicate
our life-saving work, record of success, campaigns and momentum
as a membership organization.

With the 40th ratification of the Framework Convention on To-
bacco Control (FCTC) on 30 November 2004-and the treaty's entry
into force-Corporate Accountability International will continue
to campaign for ratification and implementation of the FCTC
around the world. Now we are also challenging the water, oil,
and food and agribusiness industries. We are working with some
of our allies to highlight specific abuses of these industries.
For example, we've joined Network for Accountability of Tobacco
Transnationals (NATT) member Bobby Ramakant and ASHA for Educa-
tion in calling on Coca-Cola to stop draining water from some of
the world's poorest communities, including in India.

Check out our new website, www.stopcorporateabuse.org, to see
news of our campaigning, fact sheets, action ideas and many
other tools! Please email me at mrising@stopcorporateabuse.org
if you are active on issues of water, oil, or food and agribusi-
ness, and interested in learning more about our expanded orga-
nizing. We are eager to broaden our partnerships and increase
our impact.

We look forward to our continued work together to hold transna-
tional corporations accountable for deadly abuses.

Onward!

Megan Rising, FCTC Ratification Campaign Organizer
Corporate Accountability International (formerly Infact)
Campaign Headquarters
46 Plympton Street Boston, MA 02118, USA
Tel: +1-617-695-2525
Fax: +1-617-695-2626
mailto:mrising@stopcorporateabuse.org
http://www.stopcorporateabuse.org