[afro-nets] RFI: Medical Records Archiving (4)

  • From: Christopher Olola <colola@kilifi.mimcom.net>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:50:32 +0300

RFI: Medical Records Archiving (4)
----------------------------------

Dear Lyazi,

Thank you so much for your response on the above. A few more
points on our status...

We have well established surveillance database management sys-
tems - patient admission system in Filemaker Pro, while several
stand-alone relational databases developed in FoxPro. These da-
tabases are for routinely collected patients' data. Paper-based
medical records (clinicians' notes) have been kept in regis-
tries, which are now full to capacity with the 15 years notes...
these are the ones we need to archive in a searchable database,
as we refer to them a lot for research purposes.

Thanks for your continued help in trying to find a solution.

Christopher H. O. Olola
KEMRI-CGMR/Wellcome Trust Research Laboratories
P O Box 230 Kilifi, Kenya
Tel. +254-41-522-063
Fax: +254-41-522-390
Mobile: +254-722-942-887