[afro-nets] Student seeking host for Fulbright Grant

  • From: Kat Mackenzie <katmack63@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:53:17 -0700 (PDT)

Student seeking host for Fulbright Grant: AIDS orphans and men-
tal problems

Hello,

I am also extremely interested in the subject of the last e-mail
(RFI: AIDS orphans and mental problems). I have a Bachelor's
Science in Psychology and aspire to get my PhD.D in Medical An-
thropology and a MPH (international health emphasis).

Next fall I would like to apply for a Fulbright Grant
(http://www.iie.org/TemplateFulbright.cfm?section=Fulbright1) to
study the psychological impact that AIDS has on orphans in Af-
rica, but I have been having trouble finding someone to study
under. The grant requires me to conduct my research under the
study of an individual affiliated with a university or occasion-
ally, an NGO or medical center. I'm very passionate about the
research, but I'm hitting a road block. I'm willing to study in
almost any country in Africa (I also speak French) where I can
find a host. I am also willing to augment my study if someone
needs a research assistant for a related research proposal. If
granted, the Fulbright would cover all my expenses (housing,
transportation, insurance, etc.).

If anyone would be willing to discuss hosting me or knows some-
one who would be interested, please let me know. I can be con-
tacted at <katmack63@yahoo.com>.

Thank you,
Kat Mackenzie
mailto:katmack63@yahoo.com