[afro-nets] Mosquito/Malaria Control (10)

  • From: Mizan Siddiqi <msiddiqi@voxiva.net>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:44:13 -0400

Mosquito/Malaria Control (10)
-----------------------------

We would like to see large scale intervention that has sustained
impact on transmission and vector control. Bed-net is a piece-
meal solution. Why are you pushing for a short term solution so
hard? Millions have been spent in the name of vaccination with
little hope. What is the problem of saying that we have to ad-
dress this in the same way West Nile virus is addressed i.e.
control of vector and improvement in environment both at micro
and macro level.

Dr.Mizan Siddiqi
MBBS MSC DCH
Technical Advisor (Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS)
and Director M&E
Voxiva Inc.
1725 K Street NW Suite 900
Washington DC 20006, USA