[afro-nets] RFI: ACT manufacture in Africa

  • From: Anke Weisheit <anke.weisheit@web.de>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:34:15 +0300

RFI: Artemisinin Based Combination Therapy (ACT) manufacture in
Africa

Dear List members,

I would like to know more about the Artemisinin Based Combina-
tion Therapy (ACT) for the treatment of uncomplicated malaria.

Is there a factory located in a development country that makes
these medicines? If yes, I would like to know where. According
to my knowledge the factory is in Switzerland (Novartis).

Which country has adopted this therapy in the base line treat-
ment of uncomplicated malaria?

Thanks for your assistance,

Anke Weisheit
PhD Student
Faculty of Development Studies
Mbarara University of Science and Technology
PO Box 1410
Mbarara, Uganda
Tel: +256-77-888096
mailto:ankeweisheit@web.de