[afro-nets] RFI: Insecticide Treated Mosquito Nets Project

  • From: Sergio <serge0007@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 00:39:04 +0000

RFI: Insecticide Treated Mosquito Nets Project

Dear Sir/ Madam,

My name is Sergio, I am 23 years old and live in Australia. Re-
cently I was sitting and watching TV one evening and acciden-
tally stumbled on a program about the massive problem with ma-
laria in Africa. The Program then focused on DDT and a simple
yet effective initiative to try and make sure that every family
or home has insecticide treated mosquito nets. They also spoke
how there is not enough being done about this and how there is
no promotion of this idea or project. The program touched me
deeply, I have taken it upon myself to start a small project and
to raise as much money as I can and get a shipment contained of
Mosquito nets across and distribute them. I wish to start off
with small villages and keep going. This project should develop
into an annual project and I wish to get some advice on some
things like:
- How best to start the project?
- Where to get the insecticide treated mosquito nets?
- How I can get some of the bigger charities supporting me?

Thanking you kindly,
Sergio
mailto:serge0007@hotmail.com