[afro-nets] Tanzania Teens Against AIDS: Third Annual Camp June 23-26

  • From: "Janet Feldman" <kaippg@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:28:01 -0500

Tanzania Teens Against AIDS: Third Annual Camp June 23-26

23 ? 26 June 2006
Mandela, Tanzania

Please contact TZ Teens Against AIDS directly! mailto:tzteensagainstaids@hotmail.com

Announcing Teens Against Aids 3rd Annual OVC Camp June 23 - 26, 2006

Teens Against AIDS is announcing its annual OVC camp which will take
place in Tanzania from Friday June 23 thru Monday 26. Because of the
high cost in food and transportation prices, caused partly by the long
drought and gasoline (petrol) prices, this year's participants will be
charged a fee. The registration fee is $25 for non members and $15 for
Teens Against AIDS members.

This year's OVC camp will be hosted by our Masai team leaders in
Mandela rural Bagamoyo District area within the Masai (Nomadic)
community. For a long time, the Masai or (Nomadic) youth have been left
out of the Peer Education or even HIV outreach activities so we are so
excited to have built a strong relationship with the Masai youth and
their community leaders. Mandela is a 3hr drive from Dar es Salaam.

The registration fee is inclusive of transportation from Dar es Salaam
to the camp site and meals. Campers must arrive in Dar es Salaam on
June 22 so that we can leave very early in the morning for Mandela.
Accommodation will be provided at no cost on the 22nd for early
arrivals while in Dar es Salaam.

Registration is open to all underprivileged (orphans and vulnerable
children) youth between the ages of 11 and 22 regardless of your
citizenship or in what country you reside. Registration has already
started and is limited to 100 participants. Deadline for accepting
applications will be June 15, 2006.

Because of the cost of postage, the application process will be done
through emails only. Registration on arrival will only be open to those
applicants who will reserve their participation in advance, before the
cut-off date of June 15. We encourage youth from outside of Tanzania to
apply.

If you are interested or need more information please contract us and
we will forward you an application. Send a request to
mailto:tzteensagainstAIDS@hotmail.com

We are still seeking for additional funding in order to provide
transportation assistance to deserving youth from outside of Tanzania.
If you know of an organization or a person who can provide some funding
please let us know.

Thank you! Charles and Teens Against AIDS

--
Janet Feldman
mailto:kaippg@earthlink.net