[afro-nets] RFI: Medical School Teaching Resources for Africa

  • From: John Eyers <johneyers@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:24:09 +0100

RFI: Medical School Teaching Resources for Africa

I have received funding (from a joint UK consortium of the
Wellcome Trust, Royal Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene and
the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health) to produce a
CD-ROM of teaching materials for medical schools in Africa,
aimed mainly at tutors of medical students rather than nurses.

The aim of the CD is to list links to websites which will assist
tutors to prepare lectures, seminars etc. in, if possible, most
areas of the medical curriculum. In addition, I am hoping to
include materials on teaching methods and transferable skills
which will be of use to tutors and students.

Some appropriate sites such as the Supercourse on Epidemiology
and Global Health, the INASP Health sites etc. have been
identified, but I am now appealing to AFRO-NETS members to
suggest other sites that may be useful for African medical
schools. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

John Eyers
Railway Cottage, KINNERSLEY, Herefordshire HR3 6NY, UK
Tel +44-1544-327-838
mailto:johneyers@hotmail.com