[afro-nets] Food for a thought whose time has come (11)

  • From: Craig Audiss <cybrcollectinc@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:22:55 -0700 (PDT)

Food for a thought whose time has come (11)

George,

What I meant is what I said, freedom is the cornerstone of human
rights. There is no human dignity when the citizenry is scared of its
government. Afraid to speak out or risk jail, torture, or death.

I agree with you on much of what you said, I think where I disagree is
that freedom is to do as one pleases in pursuit of life, liberty and
happiness. These principles however cannot interfere with someone's
else's liberties either. I think sometimes we depend on government to
give us too much. Real liberty as I have written here before is for
government to stay out of one's life in the pursuit of one's freedoms.
If government would do this human rights would be a non subject, for
there would be human rights, ie government has not the authority to
grant human rights but it has the power to grant liberty, as opposed to
repression.

Thanks for your reply,

Craig Audiss
mailto:cybrcollectinc@yahoo.com