[afro-nets] HIV through a tooth brush? (2)

  • From: Adebayo Samuel <adebayosammy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 02:49:17 -0800 (PST)

HIV through a tooth brush? (2)
------------------------------

Hello all,

As pathetic as the story of the Ibadan family is, it is
pertinent to ask that they seek other means of infection for
their wards. There is no empirical proof (that I am aware of)
that support the assertion that HIV could be contracted through
exchange of toothbrush and more so as it concerns two children.

There must be something else. Although I may say that we do not
yet know other circumstances prevalent at the time of the
exchange of toothbrush (open sores in the mouth, etc.) that
might likely lead to infection, the plausibility of such is
quite narrow.

I appeal to Support Groups in Ibadan to try and locate the
family and assist them in getting treatment for their children
since they are already sounding so helpless.

Adebayo Samuel
Director Strategy
Development Partnership International
4 Eleme Road (LTCM Premises) Port Harcourt, 500001
Nigeria
Phone/Fax: +234-84-751-002
Mobile: +234-803-552-7743
mailto:adebayo@developmentpartnership.org