[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[afro-nets] Report on Forum 11 - Equitable access: research challenges for health in developing countries
- From: "Listserv Global Forum for Health Research" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 15:50:35 +0200
Report on Forum 11. Equitable access: research challenges for health in developing countries
Global Forum for Health Research, 2008, 76 pages (English). ISBN 978-2-940401-03-1
Available online as PDF file at:
Order hard copy here:
The annual Forum meetings of the Global Forum are premier international events for stakeholders in health research for development.
This Forum 11 report provides an overview and synthesis of the key issues discussed and conclusions reached.
Central themes include:
* expanding the use of evidence in policy- and decision-making
* equity and human rights (access and inclusion)
* encouraging innovation in research
* research priority setting
* research capacity strengthening
* possibilities with inter-sectoral collaboration
* advocacy for more research and resources
* communication of research results
In 2007, Forum 11 took place in Beijing, People's Republic of China. Organized at the invitation of the Ministry of Health of the People's Republic of China, it drew 620 participants from close to 80 countries to discuss research issues, best practices and gaps in securing equitable access to health.
The Forum 11 Report includes a user-friendly CD-ROM that features the final meeting documents.
More information on the Global Forum for Health Research: