[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[afro-nets] AIDSRide 2008: Please Join Toronto-to-Mexico Trip Already in Progress!
- From: "Janet Feldman" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:24:03 -0600
Greetings from AIDS Ride 2008 and B'Care Canada!
On 25th May 2008, nine participants including crewmembers are going to embark on an incredible journey for 69 days across the continents, for the first time in the history of HIV/AIDS awareness. This adventurous bike ride will cover 4600 km, across Canada, USA and Mexico. The riders kickstart the bike ride at Toronto, Canada 25th May 2008, and culminate at Mexico City, by 3rd August 2008, for the opening of the International AIDS Conference, (IAC) Mexico City 2008.
The importance of AIDS RIDE 2008 is the connectivity between the two International AIDS Conferences (IAC), from Toronto to Mexico. The AIDS Ride 2008 is also an important way to raise visibility about the continuing devastation of the HIV/AIDS pandemic. It builds continuity between two major events in the HIV/AIDS community.
The AIDS Ride 2008 is a visual manifestation of the community's promise of accountability to commitments made during the Toronto International AIDS Conference, in the hope that the 2008 International AIDS Conference in Mexico City will achieve them. The AIDS RIDE 2008 will culminate at the first International AIDS Conference to be held in Latin America.
AIDS RIDE 2008 will hopefully increase awareness of the disease and its impact throughout the region and across North America and Latin America.
We are in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. We are starting from Louisville today morning and then heading to Memphis, so you still have a chance to be a part of AIDS Ride 2008!!! I hope all the participants who emailed me and who filled in the registration form pay the registration fee and then email me at email@example.com.
Here are the urls for the BLOG http://aidsride2008.blogspot.com/ and photo album of our running activity http://www.flickr.com/photos/aidsride2008/
Please find the details below of payment of the registration fee:
Types of participants:
-Complete bikers: from Toronto to Mexico City
-Short distance bikers: from 1 km, accompanying complete bikers
-Non-bikers: who want to work on or assist the project and volunteer for the events
There are 5 types of registration:
1) $10 for students, youth community, accompanying child (all pertaining to low-income countries)
2) $20 for adults and working professionals from low-income and developing countries
3) $30 for students, youth, accompanying child (all pertaining to high-income countries)
4) $50 for adult participants, professionals/working people and others with same levels of earnings (high income countries)
5) FREE: PLWHAs, physically challenged, and related participants get completely FREE registration. There may be special discounts or registration fee waivers for qualified participants upon requesting the secretariat/directors.
Note: please produce relevant documents, proof of documents through emails, like date of birth, drivers license, or any other ID with date of birth for youth participants. College IDs, place of study, country of citizenship, or passport copy for low-income countries.
There are 3 ways of doing registration payments:
1) Using Paypal in the website is the easiest way (www.paypal.com)
2) Wire transfer (swift transfer or bank transfer). People who want to do money transfer or wire transfer may request for more details of our NGO (like bank info). The name of the account is "B'Care".
Note: Please make sure you pay the registration fee in the complete and adequate amount, as bank transaction fees apply!
3) Direct cash payment: TD Canada Bank direct deposit enabled community account number: branch number 255, A/C Number 520 9226.
4) check deposits to B'Care: please drop checks in the name of "B'Care" and post to the Canadian address mentioned on the website.
NOTE: For several years, "B'Care" has been an abbreviation for Bill Clinton Center for AIDS Research and Education, in honor of what this former U.S. president is doing in the HIV/AIDS field. We are now in a transition state with regard to the name, which has caused some confusion and challenges. Either we will seek permission from President Clinton to continue using that name, or we will become the Bapuji Center for AIDS Research and Education. Thus remaining B'Care! For now, please refer only to "B'Care", and make payments using this acronym.
Thanks so much!
With all best wishes and appreciation, and hope to see many of you during AIDSRide 2008.
Surya Prakash Makarla
Consultant, Times of India, Hyderabad
Steering Committee Member, AIDS RIDE 2008
Cell 646 704 5157
For enquiries or information on AIDS RIDE 2008, email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Regarding programme activities please contact: mailto:email@example.com
Regarding registration contact: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Regarding donations or partnerships, email: mailto:email@example.com