[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[afro-nets] Call for entries: Solutions for Maternal Health
- From: "Tyler Ahn" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:53:32 -0500
Dear Afronets Community:
The Maternal Health Task Force at EngenderHealth and Ashoka's Changemakers are offering a brand new type of opportunity to the global Changemakers community and invite you to enter your solution for maternal health.
The Maternal Health Task Force is utilizing the Changemakers online platform to identify new innovations and creative projects that are working to make the MDG 5 a reality. (You can find out more about the 5th Millenium Development Goal to improve Maternal Health at http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/maternal.shtml)
The ultimate goal for this partnership is to harness innovation around this issue and to foster the next generation of leaders in the field of Maternal Health as well as to foster a strong community within this field. Please read more about it at www.changemakers.com/maternalhealth.
There are multiple opportunities for those of you working in the Maternal health sector.
1. DEADLINE TODAY at midnight EST â Early Entry Prize for Best Innovation received by January 27th, 2010 (one for Young Professionals ages 18 â 35 and one for non-Young Professionals â valued at $1000US)
a. A homepage feature on Changemakers.com
b. Choice of MS Office Suite or Adobe Creative Suite
d. Digital Camera
2. Three (3) Final Prize for Maternal Health Projects â Attendance at the 2010 Maternal Health Change Summit in India (valued at $5000US each)
3. Sixteen (16) Young Champions of Maternal Health Mentorship (professionals ages 18 â 35) â Attendance at the 2010 Maternal Health Change Summit AND Nine month mentorship with an Ashoka Fellow (valued at $40000US each)
a. Same as prize 2
b. 9 month Stipend
c. Visas and flights
d. Internship with Ashoka fellow
It is a tremendous opportunity, the Change Summit will allow the winners to share their idea and projects with leaders and investors in the Maternal Health field.
Please share widely and for any questions or for further information, please donât hesitate to contact me.