[afro-nets] Called to Care book 7: 'Call to Me' (2)

  • From: "Benedict Twinomugisha" <benedicttwino@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:59:19 +0100

Bravo!!

We are getting there (the HIV- related Stigma and Discrimination, HRSD, free world). As long as we have the church fully involved, hopes of effective HIV prevention go high. My argument is cast within the stereotypes attached to the epidemic, that is, HIV is a result of Sin and more others...

Ever since its outbreak, many people have been stigmatized due to HIV on religious grounds. We tend to look at an HIV positive person to have acquired the disease *ONLY* through immoral behaviours. This is absolutely * WRONG*, one can contract the disease after the church wedding. In such case, whom do we blame or who is supposed to be "stigmatised", any way do we know the partner that was initially positive??? I hope such forms of publications will be answering such dilemmas!!!

As brothers and Sisters in front of God, we can end HRSD. THANK YOU.

Benedict
Fighting HRSD at the workplace in Uganda
mailto:benedicttwino@gmail.com