[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[afro-nets] GAVI Alliance Civil Society Interim Communications Focal Point
- From: "Kate Elder" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:03:19 +0200
GAVI Civil Society Interim Communications Focal Point
Civil society (CS) is in the process of strengthening its voice through the development of a more active GAVI Alliance CS body. The purpose is to promote consistent inputs from civil society into GAVI governance bodies, processes, and policy development. The work to enhance functioning of the CS constituency with the GAVI Alliance has been in development since 2007 and culminated in a decision in March 2010 to create a new structure that includes a half time Communications Focal Point (CFP) to coordinate constituency activities and support the newly created steering committee that includes Board committee representatives.
The position is part time (0.5 FTE) for six (6) months, and will report to the GAVI Alliance CSO Board Representative, Board Alternate, Policy & Programme Committee member, and IFRC. The consultant should presently be living in Geneva, or able to work within Switzerland.
The CS constituency is seeking CVs (with cover letter) for this position. The position will be housed in the International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Headquarters office in Geneva, Switzerland.
Deadline for sending CV & cover letter Friday, 7th May 2010.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Reference
GAVI Alliance Civil Society Constituency
Interim Communications Focal Point (CFP)
Civil society organizations - defined as non-governmental organisations, community-based organisations, professional associations, and technical and academic institutions - are critical members of the GAVI Alliance.
Civil society (CS) is in the process of strengthening its voice as a constituency through the development of a more active GAVI Alliance CS body. The purpose is to promote consistent inputs from civil society into GAVI governance bodies, processes, and policy development. The work to enhance functioning of the CS constituency with the GAVI Alliance has been in development since 2007 and culminated in a decision in March 2010 to create a new structure that includes a half time Communications Focal Point (CFP) to coordinate constituency activities and support the newly created steering committee that includes Board committee representatives.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) has agreed to host a interim CFP during the recruitment of a longer term position (for a maximum of 6 months). IFRC will contract a consultant at .5 FTE (part time). The consultant should already be based in Geneva or have a right to work in Switzerland and be available to work part-time from the IFRC Headquarters office.
2. Description and Terms of Reference
Responsibilities ofCivil Society Communications Focal point include:
1. Develop and manage communications tools for the GAVI civil society constituency (ex. google listserv, website, routine teleconferences, etc);
2. Facilitate communications among GAVI CSO Steering Committee members (in the process of being elected) and between Steering Committee and Forum members;
3. Attend GAVI Board meetings as an observer and report upon to CSO Forum;
4. Participate in contacting civil society organizations to seek input on specific issues and topics of relevance to the GAVI Alliance mandate and work of the CS constituency;
5. Work to support both the Board and the CSO Steering Committee in an administrative capacity, while also having a firm understanding of the issues so as to be able to facilitate policy development;
6. Communicate about GAVI Alliance activities and decisions back to the CSO community, governments and the public in various fora;
7. Facilitate debates within the wider constituency on critical issues;
8. Ensure communication of constituency views to appropriate Steering Committee members and parts of the GAVI Alliance (Secretariat, Board, etc.);
9. Assist in organizing and moderating meetings/teleconferences and offering support to Steering Committee and forum members;
10. Assure timely completion of CS constituency member tasks;
11. Develop and maintain a database of CSO resources (technical assistance, grants, training and partnership opportunities, etc.)
3. Consultant skills
The interim CFP should have the below skills/experience:
1. Constituency building
2. “Internal or associative” communications expertise
3. Familiarity with civil society organisations and how they work
4. Able to work independently, pro-active and self-starter
5. Able to manage multi tasks concurrently
6. Fluent in English (and preferably French)
7. Skills in web-based communications tools
The interim Communications Focal Point will be co-managed by the IFRC and the existing members of the GAVI CSO Constituency: Board Representative, Board Alternate and Programmes and Policy Committee member.
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND YOUR CV AND COVER LETTER TO:
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, 7TH MAY 2010
Senior Health Officer
Health and Social Services Department
17 Chemin des Crêts / Petit-Sacconex
P.O. Box 372
1211 Geneva 19
Tel: +41 22 730 4323
Mobile: +41 79 357 1609
Telefax: +41 22 733 0395