[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[afro-nets] WABA Global Breastfeeding Partners Forum
- From: "Claudio Schuftan" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 13:52:47 +0700
WABA is thrilled to announce that for the first time in our history, we are organising the Global Breastfeeding Partners Forum (GBPF) in conjunction with the 20th Anniversary of the Innocenti Declaration. The GBPF will be open to participation of the wider breastfeeding network to facilitate greater networking among participants and our Core Partner organisations – ABM, IBFAN, ILCA, LLLI and Wellstart International. The GBPF is planned over 3 days from 17-19, October, 2010 in Penang, Malaysia. The first day opens with a celebration and revisit of *‘Innocenti 20 years”*, which will also review global achievements, progress and action around the Innocenti targets, as well as address the gaps and areas still needing attention. This is followed by a two-day technical meeting on the topic *“Enabling Mothering: Keeping mothers and babies together”*, focusing on the expanded BFHI and maternity protection and support for working women.
*Please also note that WABA is currently in the process of applying to be a Continuing Education Recognition Points (CERPs) Provider from the IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultants) for the GBPF.*
WABA warmly welcomes you to this event which involves plenaries, workshops, and more! JOIN US! Get involved in:
- Celebrating, reviewing, and going beyond Innocenti; participate in debates, engage in discussions, network with colleagues old and new, and get invigorated!
- Attending plenaries that will discuss vital issues, assess political developments, share programmatic and scientific updates, and ethical considerations; as well as contemporary and cross-cutting perspectives (intergenerational, gender, rights, the arts)
- Gaining insights into the work of WABA’s Core Partners, and dialogue with them!
- Learning from international and local experiences of achievements and challenges in promoting, supporting and protecting breastfeeding
- Attending workshops that will focus on issues related to expanded BF(H)I, working women and mother support, and planning for a strengthened network and greater collaboration to advance the common vision, strategic direction and sustainability of the breastfeeding movement
- Dialoguing with the WABA Regional Focal Points and gain insights on the major issues effecting their work via a “Talk-show” session.
- Enjoying and participating in a cornucopia of exhibitions, and other networking spaces, as well as the creative-art and fun filled performances!
- Participating in the Global Breastfeeding Quilt initiative (which offers an on-line Quilt building process), and show the world your creativity, and salutations for the GBPF.
*For more information please refer to the GBPF Leaflet attached.*
You can also contact WABA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
And, check out the GBPF page, on the WABA website: