[afro-nets] Experimental Novartis drug shows malaria promise (4)

  • From: "Ukamaka Okafor" <chinaemelum9291@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 11:46:14 -0700 (PDT)

The major advantage of this drug, if it is eventually proved safe, is improved compliance due to the single dose regimen. I can observe majority of the contributors who also were involved in the experiment, getting very excited about it. However I know that VECTOR CONTROL is the most likely strategy to eradicate malaria. It is very possible if we want, unfortunately, a lot of people are putting more effort and resources in discovering new drugs. Why don?t we just kill the mosquitoes and prevent subsequent breeding, and utilise the huge amount of resources being expended on malaria drug research on feeding the poor countries, some of which can not afford just one meal a day.

Ukamaka
Nigeria
mailto:chinaemelum9291@yahoo.com