[afro-nets] IV World Social Forum on Social Security and Health - Dakar 03 to 06 February 2011

  • From: "Claudio Schuftan" <cschuftan@phmovement.org>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 04:02:01 -0800

Dear friends,

We hope that all of you have a Very Happy New Year

We hope your dreams and struggles “for a new world” are renewed in 2011

We are now closer to the accomplishment of the IV World Social Forum on Social Security and Health in Dakar-Senegal. It will occurs immediately before of the IX Edition of the World Social Forum.

The theme of the IV Forum will be' " Towards Universal Social Security: a Right without Borders, a System without Barriers." "Africa in the Center of the World,"

As already previously informed, the date of the IV World Social Forum on Social Security and Health will happen from 03 to 06 of February 2011, at the Medicine College of Dakar University in Senegal.

We are now building the program of the event, and we count on several collaborations of many entities from different countries and continents. Those show the interest of many people and characterizes the collective process that tries to project the concerns and proposals of a wide range of organizations that work around the different fields of the social security and especially around right to health subjects, not forgetting the human rights, the work protection, social assistance and economical security. It shows the importance of this debate in the world current context.

We inform that at the address
http://www.fsms.org.br<http://www.fsms.org.br/> , enrollments of individual and collective participants and self-managed workshops can be fulfilled.

To the self-managed workshops, the maximum deadline is 27 of January 2011. Although individual enrollments can be accomplished till the date of beginning of the IV Forum, it is important that people make it before, so the organization will have conditions to offer the best infra-structure and logistics.

Furthermore, we call all entities of the International Committee to achieve a meeting online by Skype on 18 January 2011. The objective of this meeting is to advance in the political elaboration of the event, define the program guidelines and make practical arrangements for its accomplishments.

In order to guarantee greater participation and involvement of different countries, we opted for doing it from the linguistic and time frame blocks. This way, English language countries will join the meeting from 09:00am to 11:00am, and the meeting for French language countries will be held from 01:00pm to 03:00pm. Finally, Portuguese and Spanish language countries will be connected from 04:00pm to 06:00pm. Brasília Summer time.

In order to participate is ' necessary to send an e-mail to fsms@fsms.org.br <fsms@fsms.org.br>, with a copy to armandodenegri@yahoo.com <armandodenegri@yahoo.com>with your Skype user name and indicate in which time/group you will participate.

Finally, we hope that everybody will be able to participate in the Skype meeting, organize you to go to Dakar and contribute to publish the IV Forum in your contact nets.

Kind regards

Valdevir Both – Executive Secretariat of WSFSSH

Armando De Negri – Coordinator of the WSFSSH International Committee
mailto:armandodenegri@yahoo.com