[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[afro-nets] Course on Promoting Rational Use of Drugs in the Community
- From: "Jawahar Bapna" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 07:08:12 +0530
Course on Promoting Rational Use of Drugs in the Community
Institute of Health Management Research, Jaipur, India
February 26 to March 07, 2012
WHO course on ‘Promoting Rational Drug Use in the Community’ is being organized at this Institute for the 9th time. In this, there will be a focus on rational use of antibiotics and prevention of anti-microbial resistance.
This is ground-breaking and very successful course developed by WHO to meet the requests from many individuals and organizations, and to respond to a clear need for more effective planning, research and implementation of rational medicines use practices in the community. It is a condensed version adopted from the official two weeks
Who should attend
The course is specifically aimed for Policy makers, Management Staff from Ministries of Health, ARV Programme Managers, NGO Officials responsible for national and local programmes, Development Aid agencies, Social scientists, Pharmacists and other public health professionals interested in Promoting Rational Drug Use in the Community
1. To an exposure to methods to study and remedy inappropriate medicine use in the community,
2. To analysis of what shapes medicines demand.
3. To get exposed to practical approaches to investigating and prioritizing medicine use problems, and how to develop effective strategies for change.
4. To understand the rational use of antibiotics and prevention of anti-microbial resistance.
The course is participatory in nature and uses the knowledge, skills and experiences of participants as a major resource throughout. Teaching methods include group activities, fieldwork, presentations and discussions. The course will be conducted in English. The participants are required to have a good command of this language to participate efficiently.
WHO SEARO, New Delhi
Alliance for Prudent Use of Antibiotics (APUA)
Rajasthan Society for Promotion of Rational Use of Drugs (RSPRUD), Jaipur, India
Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research, India Chapter (ISPOR-INDIA)
Current access to medicines scenario
What influences medicines use by the consumers
Investigating medicines use pattern and identifying problems
• How to prioritize problems related to medicines use the community
• Conducting a rapid appraisal to analyze problem and identification of solutions
• Fieldwork and data analysis
• Monitoring and evaluation
Advocacy and networking
Developing research projects linked to interventions
Investigating drug use in the health facilities
Fees and Application
The fee of US$ 1000 covers shared accommodation (two beds with attached common bath) at the Institute guesthouse*, tuition, course materials, field visit, airport transfers, and three meals a day. Interested candidates may send CV along with the activities related to RUD that they are involved with or plan to conduct in their own setting in future. The last date for the receipt of applications is January 15, 2012. For further details contact email@example.com
*For single accommodation if available, an additional amount of US$ 25 per night will have to be paid.