[afro-nets] Framework for using social networks to contribute to dialogure on MDGs

  • From: "Neil Pakenham-Walsh, UK" <neil.pakenham-walsh@ghi-net.org>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:45:48 +0000

Dear Paul Ladd, Jose Dallo and AFRO-nets,

This is excellent news that the development of post-2015 will take advantage of global social networks. I would like especially to highlight the role of transdisciplinary networks such as HIFA2015 (Healthcare Information For All by 2015). We have tried in vain to contribute to a wider global communications framework for the MDGs. Such a framework simply _does not exist_ currently in any meaningful way that can engage the full range of stakeholders in structured, evolving, inclusive, ongoing dialogue.

Such a framework is essential and must be developed for post-2015.